August 29, 2022
2 Corinthians 4
v1-6 Despite some suspect itinerate teachers influencing the Corinthians, Paul and his team are not discouraged. They are confident in the truth and power of the gospel to display its transforming power and vindicate their ministry.
v7-12 Paul and his team accepted their role as simple jars of clay in the work of the kingdom and for the Corinthian church.
- Afflicted… not crushed.
- Perplexed… not despairing.
- Persecuted… not forsaken.
- Struck down… not destroyed.
- Living sacrifices…to display the life of Jesus.
v13-18 Paul is confident of what awaits those who believe.
- A face-to-face meeting with the resurrected Jesus.
- An indescribable weight of glory.
- Eternal joy.
So despite the current affliction, it is light and temporary compared to what awaits. There is no reason to be discouraged or despair because the grace of the gospel is victorious.